Friday, January 21, 2011

A God thing

     So, I have a phrase with my family and friends that we say whenever we feel like a prayer has been answered or something has gone "right"; we say, "It's a God thing." Today I had one of those moments.
     I had just finished my day at work and was driving and just feeling profoundly sad. I was really missing Todd and was not feeling like a good parent, and some other things I'll not mention so I did what I always do when I feel helpless-- I prayed. And, man, I was praying my heart out, I was offering it all up to Him. I was asking Him to take it on for me. And, at the end of my prayer I simply was asking, "Help me."
     Well, no sooner had I uttered those words then my friend Amberlie texted me and wanted to know about some plans we had for the evening. She was looking forward to seeing me and had food for dinner, etc. She came over and we had a great time. We laughed and ate and just had amazing friend time.
     Now I'm nearly in tears again, only these are tears that are coming from a different place in my heart. I've never had a prayer answered IMMEDIATELY before. I was reminded of the scene in Bruce Almighty when Bruce is asking for a sign and God sends a truck full of signs whizzing right past his car. Only, I had the joy of immediately recognizing it. Praise God!!!
     God also did something else for me today-- he sent me the fellowship and companionship of another sister. I mean, I've been married to Todd for almost a year now so Jo has been my sister for a while. We've had great talks before but since I've been staying here she and I have really sealed in that bond that one can only have with a sister. It's been so refreshing to talk with a teenager who has such a heart for service. She is an amazing soul with insights far beyond and deeper than the regular high school Bieber-Kesha soul-less frights that society is turning out today.
     So I've learned, and really realized today, that you can never have too many sisters!!!! And also, that God is right here with me, helping and supporting me every day. <3

No comments: