Monday, May 2, 2011

Oh, LIFE!

What can I say? I'm a TERRIBLE blogger! lol I just fill up all of my time with so many other things and when I get around to my "internet time" it happens to be cutting into my bed time!!!


So, a lot has been going on. First and foremost, I joined Weight Watchers in January. From then til now I have lost 30.4 lbs and haven't had a weigh in that showed gain. This is THE MOST successful I have ever been in my life. I don't know what happened but something just clicked in my life and it was time for change. Perhaps it was because I was fast approaching a new (larger!) pant size, perhaps because Todd has been away for training, or perhaps because I was getting winded playing with my baby. I just thought, I'm not going to live very long if I keep this pace up. And, ya know what, I just want to look sexy! lol


Anyway, in addition to modifying my diet with a program, I found a great friend who is a MACHINE at the gym. She pulled me in and pushed me out of my comfort zone. It has been a slow and arduous journey but, by golly!, I'm a runner!!! For those of you who've known me for any length of time, you are well aware that I've never been a fan. The reason being that I've always been so awkward. Turns out that with some practice and someone right there telling me to keep going it can be done!!!

Today I hit a big milestone. I really struggle with distance running (I'm much more comfortable sprinting) but today I was able to run 2 miles almost non stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess the 5k Diva Dash being on Saturday really shocked me into pushing it; that and my group was running really behind this morning and I knew I only had 30minutes to work out instead of 45. Anyway, I put together a really kick butt playlist last night so I popped my headphones in and went for it!!! Having the music was a HUGE help. I found my running pace at last! And, just like that, it wasn't a struggle anymore. I was shocked to discover that I COULD DO THIS!!! So I made two miles in 22minutes, a new personal record!!!

In addition to running 3miles Monday-Friday, I go to Zumba Tuesday & Saturday, Spin on Wednesday, and Boot Camp at 5:30 AM Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Boot camp has been a real killer but I've really started toning up which I LOVE!

As far as other recent life events, well it's a big month here in the Reynolds home! My birthday is next Monday, Rowan will be one year old on the 23rd, and Todd's birthday is the 24th-- whew! We're a bunch of May babies :) For those who are wondering, we're not having Rowan's birthday party until Todd gets home.

Uh-oh, Rowan's into things---gotta go! <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FANTASTIC!!! I am so proud of all your hard work, and you look fabulous!! You are an inspiration.