Friday, May 20, 2011

Change and change alike.

I always find myself noticing the change in people-- and resenting it. Have you ever had that moment, where you meet up with an old friend and you have all of these expectations of falling right back into that great friendship of old? Then you find yourself standing in front of a stranger disappointed and sad...


I feel that I should very clearly say that this is completely selfish. It is silly and unfair to expect a person to stay the same as time passes. It is also important to say that people don't necessarily change for the worse either... Merely, my disappointment stems from the expectation and longing to have the same feelings of ease and comfort that I had in the past.


People change..... so much. The only thing to be done is to swallow that selfishness and get past it. Perhaps I need to try harder to familiarize myself with the person with my old friends' face? My way of life is certainly not the only way, I just do my best to be good. I wish others, however, would be open to listening to my perspective. I hope also to be open to doing some listening myself.


On a completely different note, Rowan had his 12month photos done. Who else finds the idea of this AMAZING?! My little baby will be a year old on Moday.......... He did well at the appointment but didn't really care for the cake lol. I'm very excited to see how the session turns out :) Afterward, however, he threw up-- too much sugar for a digestive system that is unused to it.


All in all I'd say that this day could best be described as.............................awkward.

No comments: